Middle schoolers have six periods of core classes that include:
- Math – Students are tested before school starts for math placement. Math curriculums include Dimensions and Primary Mathematics with a Singapore Math approach. Students will also learn Pre-Algebra.
- English Language Arts – Curriculums include Core Knowledge with an emphasis on the Socratic Method and a blend of ELA.
- Social Studies – Core Knowledge curriculum.
- Science – Core Knowledge curriculum
- World Culture
- Character & Leadership – Leadworthy from the Flippen Group
Students are assigned to a homeroom which will be the class they start in each day. The homeroom teacher they are assigned is the main teacher to answer questions and communicate events and assignments.
Students have study hall time which they can use to make up tests, talk with their teachers, and do homework. They also are able to choose one elective class per semester. They are able to go to this class every day.
Electives selection is open for the 2021/2022 school year. Click here for easy-to-follow steps to make these selections in Infinite Campus.
- Choir – Choir will be an elective first semester then after school second semester. Students will learn the fundamentals of sight-singing, reading music, harmony, blending and following a conductor.
- Band – Band will be after school first semester and an elective second semester. Students will learn the fundamentals of reading music, following a conductor and proper playing technique for instruments. Students interested in band will need to be available for the first semester after school so they can begin finding the instrument that will work for them. Instrument rental is required.
- Art – Students will be studying and creating art from Ancient Greece and Rome, Gothic Art, The Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo, Neoclassical, Romantic, Realism, impressionism, expressionism and abstract periods. Several different mediums will be used in creating art pieces.
- Physical Education – This is a combination class with students having the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of dance to include a kick line or participate in team sports. Gymnastics are also included.
- Student Government
- Home Economics