Meet Our Administration
Meet: Kim McClelland | Our Principal
Kim’s experience as an assistant superintendent, school founder and board member, principal, teacher, and parent makes her a terrific fit for our team and our vision for New Summit. She also has an extensive background in character education, particularly the Capturing Kids’ Hearts program we believe in so strongly and plan to implement.
Fun Facts About Our Principal!
- I’m a native of Colorado Springs and graduated from Wasson High School.
- I am married and have two daughters who are in 12th and 9th grade.
- We have two dogs, Gunner and Dexter.
- My daughters have been competitive swimmers for seven years.
- I went to college at the University of Northern Colorado where I met my husband.
- Both of my parents were teachers for 20+ years.
- I’ve been in education since 1997.
- I love to hike with family and friends in beautiful Colorado.
- I love the color Turquoise.
- I love butterflies.
- I love to travel
- Our family enjoys time in Lake Powell every year.
- I enjoy skiing in my husband’s hometown of Steamboat Springs.
- I don’t like to eat cooked spinach, mushrooms, or raw tomatoes.
- I don’t have any favorite foods because, well, I’m not too picky and it’s also hard to pick just one!
Meet: Jenn Reissig | Our Assistant Principal
Jennifer Reissig has lived in Colorado Springs for 34 years. As a student, she attended K-12 in Academy School District 20. She received her B.A. Degree in Social Science with an emphasis in Elementary Education and a Minor in Psychology from the University of Northern Colorado in 2001. Teaching has always been a passion for Jennifer, which led her to teach 1st grade for 3 years at Roosevelt-Edison Charter School and 2nd grade for 9 years at The Classical Academy. Jennifer brings 12 years of experience and involvement in Charter Schools to NSCA.
Fun Facts About Our Assistant Principal!
- I love spending time with my husband, 5 year old daughter and 3 year old son.
- I don’t have a sense of smell.
- At a young age I dreamed of being a teacher.
- I moved to Colorado Springs when I was 5 years old.
- My husband and I were set up on a blind date by one of my student’s parents.
- I enjoy camping and spending quality time with my family and friends.
- Two of my dreams are to go back to Maui and to swim with dolphins.
- My friends describe me as compassionate, intentional and dedicated.
- I love to laugh. Sometimes I laugh so hard I cry.
- I’ve been to Morocco and Germany.
- It has been a joy being a part of building New Summit from the ground up.