We would like to take this opportunity to go over the uniform policy with our New Summit Families. We have had some confusion concerning some uniform items and we have been somewhat lenient in enforcing the policy during the first quarter.
We will begin enforcing the policy completely as it is stated in the handbook beginning Monday, October 14th. We will be checking in each classroom in the morning to make sure teachers have verified that each student is indeed dressed according to our uniform policy.
The consequences for uniform violations are listed in the full policy and in the handbook. We will restate a few highlights where there have been some questions.
- Short and Long sleeve polos may be worn in the following colors ONLY – navy blue, light blue, gray, white, light pink, red, and teal. (refer to pictures for more exact colors).
- Full button up shirts are acceptable in light blue and white only.
- Shirts must be tucked into pants.(We know they come out during the day and reminders will be given when they come out.)
- Shirts must be worn under jumpers.
- Long sleeve, short sleeve polos or turtlenecks may be worn in the following colors ONLY navy blue, light blue, gray, white, light pink, red, and teal (refer to pictures for more exact colors) under jumpers.
- Solid colored HOODLESS, zip-up, or not zip-up, sweatshirts or sweaters may be worn during the school day in the following colors ONLY – red, navy, gray, and white. PLEASE HAVE ONE OF THESE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR STUDENT TO WEAR IF THEY ARE COOL IN CLASS, BECAUSE OUTERWEAR SUCH AS COATS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE WORN IN CLASS.
- A uniform approved polo, turtleneck, or button up shirt must be worn under sweatshirts or sweaters.(This is in case a student gets too hot during the school day.)
- Pants must be navy or khaki color only (NO BLACK)(NO denim, sweat, or spandex material for pants.) No cargo pants – pockets must be inside.
- UNIFORMS MUST BE FREE FROM RIPS TEARS AND CLEAN IN APPEARANCE.
- Shorts, skorts, and skirts must be at least to fingertips in length when arms are resting at an extended position to the sides of the body.
- Shorts, skorts, jumpers, and skirts must be NAVY or KHAKI ONLY in color.
- Shorts are REQUIRED underneath skirts, dresses, and jumpers.
- Polo collared dresses (NOT JUMPERS) may be worn in pink, light blue, navy, grey, white, teal and red, same as polo shirts. (Please refer to pictures in attachment or handbook for dresses and jumpers, these are the only approved styles.)
- Students must wear socks or tights at ALL times. Leggings should only be navy, white or grey. (NO BLACK ALLOWED)
- NO HEELS HIGHER THAN 1 INCH on shoes.
- Girls may wear hair accessories that match uniform only (NO PATTERNS).
- Boys may wear bow ties & ties in solid colors, no patterns.
- NO HATS inside the building.
- Only 2 ear piercings allowed. NO dangling or large hoop-type earrings.
THESE ARE JUST SOME HIGHLIGHTS. PLEASE REFER TO THE HANDBOOK FOR THE FULL UNIFORM POLICY. STARTING MONDAY, OCTOBER 14TH, ALL UNIFORMS WILL BE CHECKED FOR COMPLIANCE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!