Meet the Principal
Meet Kim McClelland! She has agreed to be our new Executive Director and Principal!
Kim’s experience as an assistant superintendent, school founder and board member, principal, teacher, and parent makes her a terrific fit for our team and our vision for New Summit. She also has an extensive background in character education, particularly the Capturing Kids’ Hearts program we believe in so strongly and plan to implement.
Fun Facts About Our Principal!
- I’m a native of Colorado Springs and graduated from Wasson High School.
- I am married and have two daughters who are in 12th and 9th grade.
- We have two dogs, Gunner and Dexter.
- My daughters have been competitive swimmers for seven years.
- I went to college at the University of Northern Colorado where I met my husband.
- Both of my parents were teachers for 20+ years.
- I’ve been in education since 1997.
- I love to hike with family and friends in beautiful Colorado.
- I love the color Turquoise.
- I love butterflies.
- I love to travel
- Our family enjoys time in Lake Powell every year.
- I enjoy skiing in my husband’s hometown of Steamboat Springs.
- I don’t like to eat cooked spinach, mushrooms, or raw tomatoes.
- I don’t have any favorite foods because, well, I’m not too picky and it’s also hard to pick just one!
We are so thankful to find an amazing principal like Kim! If you are interested in meeting with her for coffee or even at your home, please email her at email@example.com. She would love to speak with you and answer any questions you may have!