A Letter From Our School Nurse:
Note: This applies to K-6 only.
Dear New Summit Families,
I am excited that we start school in just over a month! While this is awesome news, there is still a lot of work to do to make sure we are ready to safely welcome your children on the first day. One of these things is filling out the appropriate medical forms needed for your child. Attached to this letter is the Health and Emergency Form which needs to be filled out for ALL students and returned to the school BEFORE THE FIRST DAY. Also attached is the medication administration form. This form is required if your student will need any type of medication administered during school hours by school staff. This includes over the counter medication. This form REQUIRES the signature of a prescribing health care provider, so please make sure you have this filled out before the first day of school.
I will be available at the carnival this weekend from 11am-1pm for any medical related questions you may have regarding your child’s health conditions and how these will be taken care of while he/she is attending NSCA. I will also be accepting filled out forms at that time. If your child has any of the following conditions PLEASE let me know within the next 1-2 weeks so that we can be fully prepared to care for your child on the first day of school:
- G-Tube or other alternative feeding methods
- Heart conditions
- Severe food or environmental allergies
- Any other medical condition that will require daily care from the nurse or health assistant.
- You DO NOT need to make me aware of ADHD, ADD, or psychiatric illnesses, however, I will need the medication administration form filled out before the first day of school if your child needs to receive medication for these conditions while at school.
If your child has mild food or other allergies or he/she has food sensitivities this does not need to be brought to my attention before school starts, however, please include this on the Heath and Emergency Form.
Other health requirements:
- Your child will need to be up to date on his/her immunizations according to Colorado state law. You will need to provide either your child’s immunization records or your child’s vaccination exemption form to District 20 before the first day of school. (This should have been done when you enrolled your child at the District 20 office)
- Health and Emergency Form (as mentioned above)
- On the District 20 website under “Parents” and then “District Forms and Documents” you can find the appropriate paperwork that needs to be filled out and signed by your child’s health care provider for asthma, severe allergies, diabetes and seizures as well as meal modifications.
If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me at the carnival or my email address below.
I look forward to meeting you and your children,
Sharon Begin, APN, FNP-BC
The following forms must be printed and filled out. You can send it in the mail or bring it to our next event. All forms are due as soon as possible, but no later than August 6th, 2018.