Before and After School Care
Prodigy Childcare Discounts:
New Summit Staff: 50%
2 Kids: 5%
3 Kids: 10%
Frequently Asked Questions
We will be open from 6:30 am until school starts and then after school until 6:00 pm.
We will be accepting registrations about a month before the start of school. This is because we have to wait until licensing lets us know how many children we can have in the space provided. There is a $30 registration fee that will be paid during registration. If there is more than one child attending, the family registration fee is $50.
As of right now, we are only taking an expression of interest with a registration closer to start of school. Expression of interests can be sent online at www.prodigycc.com under the contact tab.
The short answer is, YES! You will sign up prior to the week of care and then can change your schedule. (keeping the same number of days scheduled) if need be. We will allow you to exchange dates of service within the same week. We are very flexible and willing to work with you as long as you communicate.
Prodigy will be closed for major holidays but will be at New Summit on all breaks, teacher/testing days and any planned early dismissals. We plan to have summer camp available for summer 2019.
We will work with New Summit Charter School to keep all staff and children safe. If the district has a delay, we will also have a delay if needed. If all parties concerned feel that it is safe to attend the New Summit location on any emergency delay or call off, then we will have care available on a day by day basis.
Yes, parents MUST communicate this to Prodigy and provide us with written permission, but we will have to communicate details with all parties involved to ensure a safe transition from one program to another.
Yes, in the afternoon we will provide a healthy snack every day.
Yes, every day we will offer 30 mins of homework time where the students will have mentor guided help if needed.
Yes, we plan to work with parents who use CCCAP services.
Before and After School Care
Prodigy Childcare believes that the price you pay is reflective of the many things that we have to offer.
- A child-centered curriculum that makes it fun for the kids to pick subjects that they want to learn about. While still having time to play and relax from a long day of learning.
- An environment that helps kids to learn while playing in a fun-filled open place with lots of room and choices.
- Convenient location on New Summit Charter Academy Campus to help give you the peace of mind that your children are in our care right after the bell rings.
- Healthy snacks to help kids stay farther away from processed food.
- Teachers that have a love of learning, with education and experience. You will see the same faces every day you walk in and know your kids are in great hands!
- A schedule and routine to help keep the day moving and kids busy.