About New Summit
About Our School:
New Summit is a new non-profit, tuition-free, public charter school in Academy School District D20 serving families with kids ages 4 and up within and around school districts 11, 20, and 49, as well as the Briargate area.
Our school opened grades K-6 on August 22, 2018, with over 500 students. Next year, we will be opening grade 7, followed by the year after with grade 8. After that, we plan on applying for a high school to be added on to our current school. The Xfinity Center next door is our school gym as well as a place for students to play sports.
New Summit Charter Academy also offers preschool through Diakonia Preschools for children ages 3-5 to help with Kindergarten readiness. Both Full-Day and Half-Day Kindergarten is offered for parents who want this choice for their child along with Before and After School Care to help working families.
What is New Summit Like?
- We provide both full and part-time Kindergarten.
- We partner with a third party childcare center to provide before and after school care for students. This runs from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm.
- We have limited class sizes including 25 or less students in grades 2nd through 6th, 22 students in first grade, and 20 or less students in Kindergarten.
- Student wear uniforms so the focus is on enjoying a community of learning without distractions from prevailing fashions.
- We keep a respectful and friendly atmosphere and are physically and emotionally safe.
- We provide character education for our staff, students, and their families.
- Our emphasis is on love of learning.
- We highly encourage and welcome parent involvement. We do ask that parents complete 25 volunteer hours per semester at our school.
- We are academically strong.
- We provide skill level grouping for students who are gifted in math and reading.
- We believe in educating the whole child including their minds, bodies, hearts, and souls.
To build a safe educational community that emphasizes a love of learning, and inspires and empowers students to reach New Summits.
This is non-negotiable or guiding principles that determine the way we conduct ourselves and make decisions.
- Respect: Treat others as you want to be treated.
- Responsibility: Knowing it is only ourselves who can get us to where we want to be.
- Achievement: Striving to accomplish your goal while elevating your standards.
- Perseverance: Never give up always work hard.
- Teamwork: Help others; when one succeeds we all succeed.
- Enthusiasm: Ignites excitement our passions and motivation to achieve greatness.